Monday, December 27, 2010
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Designer: Katrina Simeck
It's easy and fun as you head down to the park or beach on a bright summer day and fly a kite you’ve made yourself!
With these super simple papercrafting kite instructions, you can make dozens of fun kites to fly high!
1. Trim a piece of patterned paper or cardstock to 8.5 x 11
2. Trim the edges of the paper using a Border punch
3. Fold the paper in half, forming an 5.5 x 8.5 rectangle.
4. Fold one edge of the paper diagonally, then fold one side out forming a kite shape.
5. Use adhesive to attach a bamboo skewer to help maintain shape.
6. Use a variety of punches to decorate your kite.
7. Fold the “spine” of the kite several times to ensure that it stands on it’s own –
then punch one hole, and adhere string
Have fun with different colors and patterns of paper, and a variety of punched shapes. This is a great project for kids to complete – Adults, you
simply need to help fold. Enjoy your kite flying!