Hello friends....
Welcome to my Blog where creativity is explored and ideas are shared.
This is my online craft site...do gently browse through my handmade cards and products and if you like to purchase any items, customized a card or inquire about craft lessons just email me or give me a call..I love to hear from you.
Thanks for visiting.Have a great week ahead!

Keep smiling and be blessed!

Contact Christie Craft

Monday, February 14, 2011

Introducing The Art of Parchment Craft






Hi friends..........

Several years ago I learned "Parchment craft".And I loved it.
Parchment Craft involves creating beautifully embossed, delicate designs on parchment paper (Thicker
version of tracing/transparent paper. The craft utilizes a combina
tion of techniques
which include pattern tracing, embossing, stippling, perforating and coloring.


Parchment craft dates back to the 14th century. The craft began with communion cards and devotional pictures in Europe and the Netherlands.

19th century Paris saw a change in the parchment cards. The themes became more romantic and personal, introducing floral themes, cherubs, and portraits, and introduced embossing to the art creating the raised effect. Most of the borders, perforations, and cuts were done by machine at this time.

The art of Parchment Craft is enjoying a revival today, with the cards being hand drawn, painted, perforated and embossed, all done by hand, with the most common tools being a single needle to perforate the holes, and very small scissors to cut out the various designs. The items crafted in this manner require a great deal of patience, time, and ability. If you

are lucky enough to have a handmade Parchment card, bookmark, or other item, cherish it, because it was made and given with a great deal of love.


I am selling the above parchment tool is my store ....if you are like to get one please contact me.....


No comments:

Christie Craft Boutique

Kreaxions 4 in one punch video

Kreaxions 4 in 1 punch

Circle Cutter

Please leave me a kind comment and your email address!

Kreaxions star Template

punch index

Jewelery making site

Merry Christmas Everyone!